Assistant Project Manager
As an Assistant Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for providing overall administrative and construction support for our Project Management team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage all aspects of project documentation including submittals, RFIs and project meeting minutes.
- Supervise and direct overall project activities as assigned by the Project Manager including planning and coordinating, circumventing/resolving problem areas, ensuring all company/project policies, procedures and standards are maintained, etc.
- Maintain all change order, submittal and document (drawing) control logs. Prepare required logs and other project documentation for construction meetings.
- Responsible for contract submittals that are accurate and timely
- Responsible for creating and issuing the Subcontractors’ contracts.
- Responsible for the assembly and timely delivery of the Owner and Maintenance Manuals.
- Ensure that the project quality control plan is in effect and followed.
- Interact with Subcontractors to make certain that we have obtained the correct documentation and drawing for the Owner and Maintenance Manuals.
- Responsible for keeping the Warranty Log up to date.
- Represent company/project in meetings with client, subcontractors, etc.
- Cooperate with and technically assist field personnel assigned to area of responsibility.
- Monitor other contractors’ activities and progress.
- Responsible for creating the Job Information Sheets and establishing Job Files.
- Assume total project supervision responsibilities in Project Manager’s absence.
- Prepare price change orders and project reports and documentation.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment and methods required
- Tactful and has professional demeanor, and ability to interact effectively with managers, employees, vendors and others
- Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills
- Strong attention to details
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management skills
- Ability to identify and meet customers’ expectations and requirements
- Must be a self-starter and a problem solver
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Microsoft Project and Procore experience a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others